I Speak the Truth not Fiction

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Real quick post before the game.




First off, I recently learned that a lady that most of you don't know just became a widow very recently. I know that she'll never view this blog nor will anyone that knows her view this blog, but I wanted to send my condolences to her. Her maiden name was Amanda Brown. I knew her when I was a freshman and sophomore at Murray, she was a very godly woman and helped lay the foundation for the women's ministry on campus. I'm sad for her tragic loss, but rejoice with her that her husband is in glory right now. I can't imagine the pain and agony she must be feeling, but am confident that the Father will mold her into the image of His Son through this loss.

A life lesson that I always try to live by is when I say good bye to people I really want to be content that if it's my last breath than they'll know that I loved them and they meant a lot to me. Hopefully they'll feel the same.

I don't know how to transition from that to this so sorry for being very abrupt. I'm very happy about the way the Superbowl turned out. Hopefully Rex can use the off-season to improve and practice getting snaps undercenter whenever it's raining outside. About the interception he through way down the field. It was a great play call, the dude was wide open if he would have thrown it to the place it was intended for but right as it left his hands I was wondering what was going on, it just looked very odd.

Tony Dungy, Lovie Smith, what class acts, the Colts, the Bears, congratulations on the way they handled themselves throughout the two weeks, very impressive. Tank Johnson, on the other hand, I don't know what to say about that dude. The judges in Chicago that let that dude play, how ridiculous! Enought on that topic now.

The main point of my post is to say: I hope the refs don't influence the Duke vs. UNC game tonight! I may not even watch it because I know they will and I won't be to happy about the whole thing! Somehow those stinkin' refs are going to find a way to either make it a close game or even let those Devils win, even though the entire country knows that UNC should win by at least 20.

Consider this my plea to you all you refs that view this blog minutes before game time: Be fair, call the game justly, and let the kids decide the game!!!

One last item. If anyone caught the tale end of the Duke vs. FSU game, the refs on multiple occassions tried to give the game to Duke. The made such an aggregious call that forced them to call a technical foul on FSU's coach with 2:31 left in the game! It was a completely ridiculous call, obvious foul, but instead they give the ball to Duke! Then in the final 5 seconds the FSU player gets the rebound, is pulled down by the jersey by McRoberts, no foul called, he's lying on the floor, no travel called, but instead a jump ball is called when the FSU player has the ball wrapped up with both arms covering it, McRoberts just got through slamming the player to the floor and the refs call a stinkin' jump ball and give the ball to Duke with a chance to hit a shot and win the game, HOW RIDICULOUS!

Well, I got's to go. The answer to your question E-Walk is Tulsa, OK, Fayetteville is a two hour drive from here, but seeing the Cats play is worth a 50 hour drive if you ask me. Bradley came up wonderful, he hit a few shots that reminded me of myself, not saying that I was good, but saying that he shot some very ill-advised shots that if he would have missed he would have been sitting on the end of the bench for the rest of the game, but he risked it anyway! The girls game was worth it too, a double overtime thriller! Stay out of trouble. Love your neighbor. Remember that you aren't promised your next breath!

1 Comments:

At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barnes, no comments on the blog. I know the feeling. I hope you and Megs are doing well. Tell her I said hello. UK has potential and I'm excited about Duke's great season, that should be worse, if it weren't for the officials. Talk to you later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home