I Speak the Truth not Fiction

Friday, February 02, 2007

First off I am sorry that it’s taken so long for a post, I know I probably have dwindled down from three readers to one reader (my wife), but I’ll post my thoughts anyway.



The only thing that I ask from the Superbowl is that it is called fairly! Recalling the memories of last years Superbowl I left extremely frustrated to see the refs hand the Steelers the game. Seattle was on the verge of blowing them out but time and time again the refs had to make it known to the world that the Bus is the one that is supposed to win the Superbowl this year. Please referees, call the game fairly and don’t exert your influence and your desires on the game, let the players decide its outcome and not you!



Being raised in Evansville, IN (five minutes away from Kentucky go UK!) my two favorite teams are Indianapolis and Chicago. I don’t feel the need to explain why I have two favorite teams, but I will for the clueless. One is in the AFC and one is in the NFC, just like I love the Cubs and the Red Sox, one is in the National League and one is in the American League. With colleges, I love UK and I love Michigan, one is a basketball school and one is a football school. Now I must admit that I’ve expanded my universities to include a women’s team, I am for UK and Michigan and now for Arkansas as well. If they all had to face each other I would root for them in this order, UK, Michigan, then Arkansas. Arkansas has been added due to the proximity (only a two hour drive) so I can get in a game without having to make a vacation out of it, and primarily because a good buddy of mine and a former teammate of my wife’s is an assistant coach or director of operations (whichever her title is, you can pick one) and my wife’s cousin is the masseuse of the swim team or gymnastics team or maybe both. Thus, I have some close ties to Arkansas, but I must emphasize that this is just for girls basketball. I don’t really care about their men’s b-ball team and I hope I get to see them get crushed by UK tomorrow, for I’ll be in the stands rooting the Cats on to victory!



I guess, I’ll let you all go, or should I say I’ll talk to you later tonight Megs and I’m excited about driving with you to Fayetteville tomorrow and enjoying the Cats whoop the pigs!



P.S. If you get a chance, take special note of the K-Fed/Nationwide Annuities commercial on Superbowl Sunday, it is hilarious!



Thanks for visiting, hopefully sometime soon I’m going to have some comments on the affirmative action debate going on over at this and at this original comments by Justin Taylor found here



Please everyone let me know your thoughts and then by that time I will have my thoughts together. This issue we really should give some attention to!

3 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, another blog from Big-Bri!
I'm for Chicago. I hope the Colts, who incedentally scraped by winning (or should I say whining) most of their games and incedentally go hot at the right time of the year - as Pitsburg last year - get crushed by Chicago's run and defense. I hope Rex Grossman, to whom I have NO alegiance, does well so that the most complaining about any QB who is in the superbowl in history can be silenced. I hope Payton, who is a great QB (I will give respect where respect is due), gets sacked a lot and looses - something which his pride could hardly stand. All this to say the same thing I said after Indy beat Baltimore, I think they will win the Superbowl.

 
At 11:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Finally, another blog from Brian. Hey, thanks again for the BlueTooth headset. You're a great friend. I was smiling thinking about you cheering on the Cats in the midst of all those sad Arkansas fans. Yeah, baby....go Cats.

 
At 6:58 AM, Blogger Eric said...

That UK-Arkansas game was a good one. Welcome back. Where exactly do you live?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home