I Speak the Truth not Fiction

Sunday, December 03, 2006

BCS Rants


I know I stated that I would post last night but I had to work an hour over (11 hours total) deal with people who attend a "Christian" school who stiffed me even though I had to drive on very very icy roads, plus I had a splitting headache all throughout the day which made me almost vomit twice, luckily for my vehicle's sake I didn't! I say all this not as an excuse because I have none, I said I would and I didn't it's that simple. Please accept my apology. Oh yeah, my motivation to post was also zapped by someone telling me that UCLA beat USC, I was planning on watching that sometime!

Anyways, why the BCS is bogus. When UofL got beat by Rutgers they immediately dropped to being behind both Rutgers and WVa in the BCS even though UofL already beat WVa pretty convincingly and WVa still had to play Rutgers a little bit down the road. According to sound logic, two teams both with one loss, if one team has beat the other than that team should be ahead of the other in the rankings. BCS even proved this logic when Arkansas (who was without a good starting quarterback) got it handed to them by USC (the first game of the year), when USC lost to a team that never even dreamed of dreaming of being ranked USC was still ahead of Arkansas in the rankings. Now common sense tells us all that there has to be something flawed in the system when UofL had beaten better teams than both WVa and Rutgers did and fell behind both of them when they lost one game, and USC gets beat by Springer's flag football team and they stay ranked higher than the majority of one loss teams, it's all ridiculous.

In my opinion, Notre Dame is highly over-rated, getting crushed by Michigan at home proves my point. Let alone getting drilled by a team that got beat by Springer's flag football team. USC is extremely over-rated and probably shouldn't even be in the playoffs if there were such a thing in college football. Florida or Michigan should be in the National Championship hunt, (remember I haven't seen the scores to know if they beat Arkansas in the SEC Championship). All the talk about USC this week is just propaganda to publicize the games on their family of networks. I gaurantee if UFl vs. UAk would have been on ESPN or ABC this week and not CBS than they would have been ranked #2, Michigan #3, and USC #4, this fact sickens me to no end.

This proves the point, when Florida lost to Auburn at Auburn they should have dropped in the rankings but not that much because Auburn was ranked higher than Florida and it was a road loss for Florida, but when USC got beat by Springer's Flag Football team Florida didn't move ahead of USC in the rankings, this is ridiculously absurd. Florida went with one loss throughout the entire SEC season (and possibly the Championship game). Keep this in mind too, the SEC is by far the toughest conference this year, proof, everyone is losing to everyone, even MSU is pulling out upsets, this year, plus, they have a Championship Game, something that the Big 10 and PAC 10 should be forced to have!

Concluding remarks, Florida or Michigan deserve to be in the National Title game (Michigan lost by 3 on the road off of a dumb penalty by the defense which led to 7 points, and a penalty not called by the refs when OSU's receiver clearly extends his hands and shoves/pics off the Michigan defender to free up the other OSU receiver to catch a pass in the endzone, in live action we couldn't even see if there was a defender remotely in the area, but on the replay via DVR we could clearly see that the Michigan defender was picked off which is illegal at any level of football, biddy leagues, flag football, high school, the pro's, and of course college football, but was it called then? NO! which gave OSU 7 more points, thus in two scenarios Michigan should have won the game! Thus deserving a rematch. Florida, they deserve it for only having one loss in the best conference in the nation. Also, we seriously need to do something about the referees, if the refs wouldn't have blown it in the Michigan vs. OSU game we would automatically be watching the Mighty Wolverines in the Championship game, and if, I hate to make this point, the refs would have got it right in the OU vs. Oregon game, the PAC 10 wouldn't have had such high conference ratings and we may be talking about Oklahoma in the National Title game, which makes me sick even thinking about it, fair is fair, right is right, and wrong is wrong, it's clear that their is something wrong with the BCS, too much propaganda by ESPN's family of networks that get teams that clearly have no case for the National Title into the hunt just so their ratings can go through the roof. Thus we should look to the pro level as Jed does and know that no matter what it is all settled on the field and leaves nothing to the commentators except to react to what is done on the field and let's everyone know that only the officials (as we saw in the Super Bowl with Seattle getting robbed on multiple occasions by the refs) and the players can determine who the Champion is!

Thanks for visiting, come back by soon, please accept my apologies, and please pass this article on Christians and tipping around to all your loved (and hated) ones!

Here's the article.

Have a good rest of the day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home